Facebook has replaced its old chat bar with the new one. But most of the people don't like this new chat side bar. I also hate it.
Here are some problems mentioned due to this new chat side bar-
- If you are one of those who have a lot of friends online all the time, you surely will not like the new chat sidebar. It shows a list of 20 – 25 online friends with who you interact most. There is no explanation as to how the rest of your online friends will be listed.
- It takes up considerable space. A manual option to ‘Hide Sidebar‘ is available, but you need to hide the sidebar every time you launch it, unlike in the old one.
- The new design is very confusing when compared to the old chat feature. In the old one all those friends who were online were listed first, this made the task easier to scroll through the list and chat with whoever we wanted. The new one lists friends in alphabetical order, and it has nothing to do with whether they are online or not, which confuses as we have to first search for the name and then check if they are online.
- The first method is,Login to your Facebook account via any browser: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera etc. Open a New Tab and paste this link http://www.facebook.com/presence/popout.php and you’ll revert back to the old chat (but the old chat is limited to this tab alone). But the problem is you have to open the new tab every time you login to your Facebook account and your chat window will be in another tab.
- Second is,If you click on the Options button on the bottom right, you can see the option to "Hide Sidebar"Once you hide the sidebar, your chat will appear on the left sidebar like the image below. Then, when you see someone you want to talk to, just click on one of their names.But for this method you have to always do the same thing when you login to facebook.
These are the simple but temporary tips but now I will tell you the best tip which I prefer to use.
Using the VasanSoft Chat MechanicOn Firefox- Install Greasemonkey addon for your Firefox.Click on this link http://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/?addon/greasemonkey/ Then restart the Firefox. Install the VasanSoft Chat Mechanic script for Greasemonkey from http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/10?7563.user.js
Now reload facebook and you are done.
On Chrome- Visit the VasanSoft Chat Mechanic script link http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/10?7563.user.js It will prompt you, for installing the script. Just click Accept.
So,if you hate the new chat side bar then try these tips or if you like it then tell me your experience with it in comments below.